Alpha Brain is a nootropic supplement marketed as a way to improve cognitive function, including focus, memory, and creativity. It is made by Onnit, a company that specializes in health and fitness products.
Alpha Brain contains a blend of natural ingredients, including:
- Alpha-GPC: A precursor to the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which is involved in memory and learning.
- Bacopa monnieri: An herb that has been shown to improve cognitive function in people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
- L-theanine: An amino acid that promotes relaxation and focus.
- Huperzine A: A compound that inhibits the breakdown of acetylcholine.
- Oat straw: An herb that has been shown to improve cognitive function in people with ADHD.
Onnit claims that Alpha Brain can help people to:
- Improve focus and concentration
- Boost memory and recall
- Enhance creativity and problem-solving skills
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Improve athletic performance
Research on Alpha Brain
A small number of studies have been conducted on the effects of Alpha Brain on cognitive function. One study, published in the journal Frontiers in Human Neuroscience in 2015, found that Alpha Brain improved memory and attention in a group of healthy young adults.
Another study, published in the journal Alzheimer’s & Dementia in 2016, found that Alpha Brain improved cognitive function in a group of people with early Alzheimer’s disease.
However, more research is needed to confirm these findings and to determine the long-term safety and efficacy of Alpha Brain.
Side effects of Alpha Brain
Alpha Brain is generally considered to be safe, but it can cause side effects in some people, including:
If you experience any side effects after taking Alpha Brain, stop taking it and talk to your doctor.
Overall, Alpha Brain is a promising nootropic supplement that shows potential for improving cognitive function. However, more research is needed to confirm these findings and to determine the long-term safety and efficacy of Alpha Brain.